Introduction to Perl
Perl is the preferred programming language in the Bioinformatics field.
- String Processing (sequence analysis, database management).
- Best for CGI-programming.
- Easy to learn and write.
- Availability of Perl modules for Bioinformatics and Internet.
- Some tasks are still better done with other languages (heavy computations / graphics).
- With perl you can write simple programs fast, but on the other hand
it is also suitable for large and complex programs.
Table of Contents.